3KS & 3KSplus technology
The 3KSplus 3-curve system stands out due to its unique, patented, springless operating principle. Unlike conventional locking systems, in the 3KSplus cylinder the locking elements move along the curves on the key and are not driven against a spring force.
The technology in detail: 12 solid, springless locking pins are brought into specific positions via positive control of the 6 key curves and are scanned via 2 control bars. A locking bar in the plug controls the key's cross-section profile.
The 3KSplus key is scanned a total of 4 times during the locking action – three times more than in other systems. The springless locking pin function guarantees optimum wear and pick resistance. This technology provides innumerable potential variations for cylinder locking systems.
Difference between 3KS and 3KSplus
The enhanced 3KSplus system differs from the previous 3KS system in that it has a wider, no longer parallel contoured double curve on the key tip. The 3KS is already well-known as a particularly resistant locking system against commonly used break-in methods – The new technical features hinder illegal production of duplicate keys even further. The key bow design was re-developed to clearly distinguish it from the previous 3KS system, making the key look slimmer.
- Particularly wide scope for potential variations in mechanical locking systems: Highly complex locking systems can be implemented with overlapping hierarchies.
- Reversible key
- Springless locking pin function (provides picking protection and optimum wear resistance)
- Modular design
- First rate technical protection (copy protection), organisational protection (security card) and legal key protection (patents).
- Flat radial tracks ensure optimum wear resistance and operational reliability.
- Each locking system is unique.
- Round cylinder design from 18 mm Ø possible without limits on variations.